Sunday, March 25, 2007

Frontier - Las Vegas - Ross & Supremes, Elvis




I am very surprised to have just become aware that two major music events have taken place at The New Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
  • Elvis Presley made his Las Vegas debut at The Frontier in 1956.
  • The final performance of Diana Ross And The Supremes was at The Frontier on 14 January 1970.
An album was released of the final concert of Diana Ross And The Supremes, entitled The Final Performance. It strikes me as incredible that a live album, let alone such an important live album, was recorded at The Frontier.
I have been to The Frontier many times, and am going to make it a point to go there again this week, with the specific intention of really observing the place. I wonder if I have been walking past photographs of these musical events without realizing it.
The Frontier has been in the news lately, regarding the possibility of it being sold and closed.

No comments: