Saturday, October 13, 2007
Welcome To Las Vegas Sign Palm Tree Beautification - that is the official project name.
A month or so ago I advised of the fading opportunity to photograph the sign area before the start of modifications.
Here you can see the current state of the sign area, with newly planted palm trees.
Three years ago, the sign did not even have the small card-suit-mound at it's base. It was just the sign on a bare rough sand median.
Posted by SRW at 3:29 AM
Thursday, October 11, 2007
A Las Vegas Quick-Fix Shot.
Encore, the new Wynn building which is still under construction, as seen from Maryland Parkway.
Posted by SRW at 8:21 AM
I suppose that I must make a few posts because the people who rip stuff off from my blog (Hello France!) might otherwise not have any fresh material.
My dear readers I again apologize for my reduced posting. It will pick up again as I reorganize my life for increased time demands.
The present state of The Frontier as of my visual inspection done early Thursday 11 October 2007 is thus:
- All exterior lights are off. For a long time, the lights at the front valet entrance, as well as the nearby sidewalk entrance, remained lit. No more. The signs are still there, but the exterior of the building is now 100% dark.
- The front valet structure/entrance (weather roof) remains intact.
- The rear valet entrance structures as previously noted are completely gone.
- Most glass still remains on the building. However, there are many sporadic windows on all sides which are open, broken, or removed.
- There are no longer any open-air rooms to be seen from the rear of The Frontier. As seen in my recent posts, it was possible to see furniture and room structures where the exterior glass had been completely removed. That line of rooms have been demolished. The walls and internal items are gone. Small bulldozers are parked in their place.
This is all I have time for now. I have more to post early tomorrow, on this and other stuff. I will also be catching up on email and laundry. And perhaps sleep.
Hello Las Vegas celebrity L.E.Fant!
Posted by SRW at 7:45 AM
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Here is the state of The Frontier as I photographed it on Wednesday 3 October 2007. It is a good thing that they are moving slowly as I am still not blogging at full speed.
The front of The Frontier is rather untouched. There are individual windows out, but it is largely intact. The sign is still up. The front valet area is still standing. Almost all of the non-tower buildings are still standing. As previously mentioned, the rear valet structure has already been demolished. That is the only structure which has been demolished thus far.
Inside, I can see and hear debris falling internally from a good height. I do not know, but suppose that an elevator shaft is being used to drop debris. So although many windows are still up, there is more internal demolition than can be seen.
Still though, I certainly do not see the implosion taking place before 13 November 2007, and I will venture to speculate that the building might not be ready to be imploded until after 13 November.
In fact, let me go on the record as saying that I believe that the implosion will take place later than 13 November 2007. That, of course, is just my own guess.
Posted by SRW at 8:22 AM