Thursday, April 5, 2007

Las Vegas Grand Prix - Neon And Wheels




The Las Vegas Grand Prix has events on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 6, 7, 8, 2007).


For my money, Fremont Street is blowing The Strip away for excitement, and a Las Vegas feel.


While The Strip has architecture, Fremont Street has neon. I am a little burned out on the covert contest being held on The Strip - the contest to bore me to death with tan brown and beige.


Monte Carlo, Aladdin/Planet Hollywood, Wynn, Caesars Palace, I am talking about YOU!!! Stop tanning me.


The Grand Prix brought me to Fremont Street for the first time in a while, and it was a good change. I have missed the neon intensity. The foul smell at the 4th street side wasn't around this time. Maybe downtown is worth more attention from me.


Okay the pictures. Here we have three photos I took this week. Two of them are of a race car which is parked in front of Fitzgerald's on Fremont Street. The third photo is a look of 4th Street near Fremont Street, with the Grand Prix barriers and fences in place.

No comments: